Home » , , » The Haunting in Connecticut 2009

The Haunting in Connecticut 2009


Charts one family's encounter with the dark forces of the supernatural. When the Campbell family moves to upstate Connecticut, they soon learn that their charming Victorian home has a disturbing history: not only was the house a transformed funeral parlor where inconceivable acts occurred, but the owner's clairvoyant son Jonah served as a demonic messenger, providing a gateway for spiritual entities to crossover. Now terror awaits when Jonah, the boy who communicated with the dead, returns to unleash horror on the innocent and unsuspecting family.

First of all, Virginia Madsen proves once again that she is a very beautiful woman who can really act. She is superb as the mother of the cancer-stricken boy and carries this film. It starts out as a legitimately creepy film. I think I found the mortuary scenes to be more grisly than anything else. Also, I like many other people can unfortunately relate to the cancer-related treatments of loved ones scenes, which are very hard to watch. I just didn't find the film to be as scary and frightening as I had imagined it would be from the trailers and some of the critics comments. On the back of the dvd box, once such critic commented: "Will make you afraid to turn off the lights and go to sleep". Not me anyway. Did anyone else find the plot just a bit confusing when it came to explaining the history of the house?? I gathered the people who ran the mortuary were up to no good, but I sort of lost the plot as to just what they were doing and hoping to accomplish. I missed seeing this movie on the big screen and had to wait for the dvd release. I went for the unrated version and am not really sure just what was added to the original release. I enjoyed it for the most

part, but I do think it could have been a lot better. Ultimately I came away a bit disappointed. As for blood and gore making a scary film, not always. Sometimes the things you don't see, but only hear and imagine are far more frightening. The original 1963 film "The Haunting" is a fine example of this done on film. I wish I could say the same for this film. I am also puzzled as to why the film's running times have been listed as being 92 minutes and 102 minutes. My dvd player was displaying at nearly 103 minutes at the end of the unrated edition's credits.
Share this article :

Post a Comment