Home » , , » Goosebumps 2015

Goosebumps 2015

After moving to a small town, Zach Cooper finds a silver lining when he meets next door neighbor Hannah, the daughter of bestselling Goosebumps series author R.L. Stine. Stine is very strange and mysterious and it turns out for good reason. He is a prisoner of his own imagination – the monsters that his books made famous are real, and Stine protects his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When Zach unintentionally unleashes the monsters from their manuscripts and they begin to terrorize the town, it’s suddenly up to Stine, Zach and Hannah to get all of them back in the books where they belong.

Zach (Dylan Minnette) moves to a new town with his mother and soon meets his neighbor Hannah (Odeya Rush). The two hit it off but she's being overly protected by her father (Jack Black) and soon Zach finds out why.

I guess I should admit that I've never read any of the Goosebump stories and I haven't watched any of the television episodes. I was someone familiar with some of the monsters due to hearing about them as my girlfriend talked about them. I still went into this movie with high expectations and for the most part I found GOOSEBUMPS to be entertaining in its own way. The film is certainly flawed and it could have been much better but there are enough good things to make it worth watching.

What really helps the film is the fact that Rush, Black and Minnette are so good in their roles as is Ryan Lee who plays the nerd. I thought all four of them did a great job with their roles and I thought they certainly helped keep the film moving and entertaining. The monsters themselves were also fun for what they were. The CGI effects were of good quality as you'd expect and I thought the film was creative in the way that it got all of them on the screen.

I did have some issues with the film including the fact that I thought most of the humor didn't work overly well. I also thought the film dragged a bit too much and I really didn't think there was any suspense or tension. Again, going off what I had heard, apparently the show and books were meant to scare people but none of that carried over to this film version.
Share this article :

Post a Comment