Home » , , » Ninja bugeicho momochi sandayu 1980

Ninja bugeicho momochi sandayu 1980

In the middle of the 16th century, Hideyoshi, a power hungry warlord sets out to destroy the Momochi clan. He sends his war commander in search of the clan's hidden gold only to find that two daggers are the key to the hiding place of the treasured gold. Spanning decades, the quest for the missing daggers takes Shiranui through war and ancient tradition.

Yeah, this movie is that good. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The best thing about this movie is the music. I know very little about it, but know that I would trade my little sister for a copy of the soundtrack. It also is that good. It seems to have been composed by the troll of the Japanese composing scene at the time. The whole movie is a series of bizarre sound effects and some sort of jazz-pop backing. It's like this guy was watching the film and went, "Hey, this part of the movie is sad. They're killing off a major character in a very noble and touching way. Hmm... I seem to have this disco-beat left over from another movie that never got made. What if I layered it with some blues-funk? That would be killer." And then he did, and it was. No, seriously, that's not meant to be funny. That is what happens. So keep in mind that, even if I am not describing the music happening at any given time in the movie, it is definitely going to be some sort of wholly inappropriate dance-pop with some urban sound thrown in and then mangled all up for good measure. If you ever get a chance to see this movie, you really should, because the culmination of every part of it makes it so adorably awful/awesome. I'll try my best not to leave anything out, and briefly explain about historical or cultural knowledge that may be less familiar to those who don't live off of these movies like I do. Got it? Okay, let's begin movie time!

Right off the bat, the title screen is overlaid with this horror-movie-esque riff, quickly bleeding into some sort of opening song that tells me that football is coming on. It doesn't.

All the music stops, and we are suddenly jolted into a room with two very important-looking people. The man seated elevated seems to be some sort of daimyo. The guy closest to us is giving some sort of a report. He's name-dropping, a lot, things that get my inner dork all fired up. Iga ninja! Really? Behind him, two men are bowing, and the vassal explains that he has trained these two ninja; one cannot speak, the other cannot hear.
Share this article :

Post a Comment